4.3 Glyph lookup
This section describes how Kpathsea searches for a bitmap font in GF or
PK format (or either) given a font name (e.g., `cmr10') and a
resolution (e.g., 600).
Here is an outline of the search strategy (details in the sections
below) for a file NAME at resolution DPI. The search stops at the
first successful lookup.
1. Look for an existing file NAME.DPIFORMAT in the specified
2. If NAME is an alias for a file F in the fontmap file
`texfonts.map', look for F.DPI.
3. Run an external program (typically named `mktexpk') to generate
the font (Note: mktex scripts)
4. Look for FALLBACK.DPI, where FALLBACK is some last-resort font
This is implemented in `kpathsea_find_glyph' in
- Basic glyph lookup
- Features common to all glyph lookups.
- Aliases for fonts.
- Fallback font
- Resolutions and fonts of last resort.
automatically generated by info2www version 184.108.40.206