26.1 Calendar Mode and the Diary
Emacs provides the functions of a desk calendar, with a diary of
planned or past events. To enter the calendar, type `M-x calendar';
this displays a three-month calendar centered on the current month, with
point on the current date. With a numeric argument, as in `C-u M-x
calendar', it prompts you for the month and year to be the center of the
three-month calendar. The calendar uses its own buffer, whose major
mode is Calendar mode.
`Button2' in the calendar brings up a menu of operations on a
particular date; `Buttons3' brings up a menu of commonly used calendar
features that are independent of any particular date. To exit the
calendar, type `q'. *Note Customizing the Calendar and Diary:
(lispref)Calendar, for customization information about the calendar and
- Calendar Motion
- Moving through the calendar; selecting a date.
- Scroll Calendar
- Bringing earlier or later months onto the screen.
- Mark and Region
- Remembering dates, the mark ring.
- General Calendar
- Exiting or recomputing the calendar.
- LaTeX Calendar
- Print a calendar using LaTeX.
- Displaying dates of holidays.
- Displaying local times of sunrise and sunset.
- Lunar Phases
- Displaying phases of the moon.
- Other Calendars
- Converting dates to other calendar systems.
- Displaying events from your diary.
- Calendar Customization
- Altering the behavior of the features above.
automatically generated by info2www version 220.127.116.11