Institute for Theoretical Physics
Vienna University of Technology
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10/136
phone: +43 1 58801 13621
email: knapp at hep.itp dot tuwien dot ac dot at
I am an assistant professor are the Institute for Theoretical Physics at Vienna University of Technology.
My research focuses on String Theory. In particular I am interested in the construction of Calabi-Yau spaces, D-branes in Calabi-Yaus, mirror symmetry, topological string theory and F-theory.
- A poster on my research.
- A talk I gave in summer 2012 at Kavli IPMU at the site visit of the evaluation committee.
Publications and CV
- July 2017: "Gauged Linear Sigma Models, Calabi-Yaus and Hemisphere Partition Function" at CERN TH Institute "Geometry of String and Gauge Theories" (slides)
- July 2016: "D-brane transport in non-abelian gauged linear sigma models" at the Bethe Forum on Mirror Symmetry in Bonn (slides)
- Outreach talk: "String Theory for Pedestrians" (english, deutsch)
- January 2015: "D-branes in non-abelian gauged linear sigma models" at LMU Munich (slides)
- September 2014: "D-branes in non-abelian gauged linear sigma models" at the 20th European Workshop on String Theory in Mainz and the 6th Bethe Center Workshop "Topological Strings and Applications" in Bonn. (slides)
- July 2014: "Exotic Calabi-Yaus from one- and two-parameter nonabelian GLSMs" at the conference "Geometry and Physics of Gauged Linear Sigma Model and its related topics. (slides)
Not on the arXiv
- "Beijing Lectures on the Grade Restrict ion Rule" (based on a talk by R. Eager; with R. Eager, K. Hori and M. Romo): read-only version from Springer
- Habilitation Thesis : "Calabi-Yau Spaces in String Theory"
- Oberwolfach Report: "Exotic Calabi-Yaus from non-abelian gauge theories" at the Oberwolfach workshop "Matrix factorizations in Algebra, Geometry and Physics"
- Elektrodynamik I Uebungen (VU 136.015)
- Elektrodynamik II Uebungen (UE 137.047)
- String Theory I (VO 136.005)
- String Theory II (VO 136.006)
- Literaturseminar Mathematische Physik I (SV 135.046)
- Literaturseminar Mathematische Physik II (SV 135.048)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft fuer fundamentale Wechselwirkungen I (PR 132.071)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft fuer fundamentale Wechselwirkungen II (PR 132.074)
- Student Projects (Projektarbeiten) on Fundamental Interactions (PA 135.026; with Doz. H. Balasin)
Student Projects (Projektarbeiten)
PhD and Postdoc Positions
Currently there are no positions available. However, I am happy to support you if you would like to apply for your own funding. If you are interested, please contact me for details. If you are interested in PhD position in fundamental interactions please apply at the Phd Program Particles and Interactions .
Last updated: July 2017