- AUCTeX: an integrated environment for editing LaTeX, ConTeXt, docTeX, Texinfo, and TeX documents
- AUCTeX is a comprehensive customizable integrated environment for
writing input files for TeX/LaTeX/ConTeXt/Texinfo using Emacs.
It lets you process your source files by running TeX and related tools (such
as output filters, post processors for generating indices and bibliographies,
and viewers) from inside Emacs. AUCTeX lets you browse through the errors
TeX reported, while it moves the cursor directly to the reported error, and
displays some documentation for that particular error. This will even work
when the document is spread over several files.
One component of AUCTeX that LaTeX users will find attractive is
preview-latex, a combination of folding and in-source previewing that
provides true "What You See Is What You Get" experience in your source buffer,
while letting you retain full control. preview-latex comes with its own
AUCTeX automatically indents your `LaTeX-source', not only as you write
it---you can also let it indent and format an entire document. It has a
special outline feature, which can greatly help you `getting an overview' of
Apart from these special features, AUCTeX provides a large range of handy
Emacs macros, which in several different ways can help you write your
documents fast and painlessly.
All features of AUCTeX are documented using the GNU Emacs online
documentation system. That is, documentation for any command is just a key
AUCTeX is written entirely in Emacs-Lisp, and hence you can easily add new
features for your own needs. It has become recently a GNU project. AUCTeX
is distributed under the `GNU General Public License Version 2'.
Formats: [html] [info]
- GNU nano Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- This documents provides answers to frequently asked questions
about the GNU nano text editor.
- GNU nano User Manual
- This manual describes the usage of the GNU nano text editor.
- LaCheck: A consistency checker for LaTeX documents
- LaCheck is a general purpose consistency checker for LaTeX
documents. It reads a LaTeX document and displays warning messages, if it
finds bad sequences. It should be noted, that the badness is very subjective.
LaCheck is designed to help find common mistakes in LaTeX documents,
especially those made by beginners.
- preview-latex: WYSIWYG LaTeX editing with Emacs and AUCTeX
- preview-latex is a package embedding preview fragments into Emacs
source buffers under the AUCTeX editing environment for LaTeX. It uses
`preview.sty' for the extraction of certain environments (most notably
displayed formulas). Other applications of this style file are possible and
Formats: [html] [info]
- The preview Package for LaTeX
- The main purpose of this package is the extraction of certain
environments (most notably displayed formulas) from LaTeX sources as graphics.
This works with DVI files postprocessed by either Dvips and Ghostscript or
dvipng, but it also works when you are using PDFTeX for generating PDF files
(usually also postprocessed by Ghostscript).
Current uses of the package include the preview-latex package for WYSIWYG
functionality in the AUCTeX editing environment, generation of previews in
LyX, as part of the operation of the ps4pdf package, the tbook XML system and
some other tools.