Please visit my information pages at the
Institute for Theoretical Physics - Andreas Ipp
Supervision of bachelor and master theses
Please contact me
if you are interested in project work, bachelor thesis, or master thesis.
- OpenPixi project: various project ideas in the context of scientific programming of a particle-in-cell (PIC) simulator,
- photon or dilepton production from quark gluon plasmas,
- non-Abelian plasma instabilities,
- QED effects in strong fields,
- quantum field theory using the functional renormalization group,
- other topics related to my research.
- Peter Somkuti: Modifications of Spectra and Correlations through Yoctosecond Photon Double Pulses
from a Quark-Gluon Plasma (2012, co-advisor) (TU-UB)
- Kirill Streltsov: The Particle-In-Cell Method for Plasma Simulations (2013, co-advisor)
- Alexander Haber: Perturbative Analysis of the Non-Perturbative
Renormalization Group Equation (2012, co-advisor)
- Isabella Floss: Analysis and reduction of the error in 1D + 3V discretized
hard-loop simulations (2012, co-advisor)
- Ognen Kapetanoski: Numerical algorithms for Particle-in-Cell simulations (2012, co-advisor)
- Matthias Kühmayer: Induced Photopion Decay (2012, co-advisor)
- Peter Somkuti: Study of the two-photon correlation function (2010, co-advisor)
Mentor for Google Summer of Code 2012 - 2013
The project OpenPixi participates as part of a group of open source projects at the TU Vienna in the Google Summer of Code 2013.